The Thanksgiving holiday will soon be here, which encourages me to reflect on & share this collection of new quotes I’ve gathered that embody the act of giving, creating, and gratitude. These musings of thankfulness, graciousness & the power of art are wonderful to remember no matter the time of year! I believe this lens can also help offer some creative counteraction to fear, judgement, and shame during times of distress, suffering, and sorrow.
What creative quotes or practices help ground you in gratefulness & generosity?
- The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
- All art arises out of gratitude, a deep pervasive feeling that you are glad something exists outside yourself, that something can complete you. ~Dorothy Koppelman
- Gratitude is a way of creativity. ~ Apollo Matrix
- The art of appreciation begins with self appreciation. ~Amit Abraham
- Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture. ~Kak Sri
- Gratitude is the closest thing to beauty manifested in an emotion. ~Mindy Kaling
- Gratitude in advance is the most powerful creative force in the universe. ~ Neale Donald Walsch
- I have walked this earth for 30 years, and, out of gratitude, want to leave some souvenir. ~Vincent van Gogh
- Artists are among the most generous of people. Perhaps inherent in the appreciation of creativity comes a deep, underlying love of humanity and our Earth. ~Kelly Borsheim
- Gratitude opens the door to… the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. ~Deepak Chopra
- I will draw as much as I can for as many people as I can for as long as I can. ~Keith Haring
- I am filled with gratitude for the ability to live the artist’s life. In my studio. Being an artist. Everyday. ~Mickie Acierno
- I’m very grateful for an entire lifetime spent involved in this creative process. ~Ron Howard
- Those works I have most profited by are the ones I have given away. ~ Joseph P. Blodgett
- Music and art both spring from a grateful heart. ~Katie Wood McCloy
- Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind. ~David R. Hawkins
- I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating. I don’t care if it’s a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music. Anybody who spends part of their day sharing their experience with us. This world would be unlivable without art. Thank you for inspiring me. ~Steven Soderberg
- Picasso said that the sale of every one of his works was like having a little piece of himself taken away. In this sense, he could be regarded as a very generous person. ~Marvin Humphrey
- Gratitude is a many-colored quality, reaching in all directions. It goes out for small things and for large.” ~Faith Baldwin
- Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~ Melody Beattie
- Art is the giving by each man of his evidence to the world. Those who wish to give, love to give, discover the pleasure of giving. Those who give are tremendously strong. ~ Robert Henri
- There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens up the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way. ~Jim Rohn
- The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure. ~ Dale Carnegie
- An artist gives. Gives visually, gives through courses, or with free advice, through generosity of spirit and through a need to share. ~Veronica Roth
- The act of giving something to others is an art of flowering your heart. ~Vinayak
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Many thanks for everyone’s support throughout this year!
You must be logged in to post a comment.